Saturday, March 23, 2013

Three Bean Salad


Hooray for Three Bean Salad.  We are getting very close to our kitchen remodel date, so I thought I'd better start cleaning out our pantry.  Since we love Cost-Co Three Bean Salad, I thought I'd make it from scratch.  It's all about the dressing and this one is perfect!.


Three Bean Salad

Choose any bean combination that is your favorite, I used what I had in my pantry. 

1            15 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1            15 oz. can green beans, drained and rinsed
1            15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
2            celery stalks, chopped fine
3            green onions, chopped  or  1/2 red onion, diced
1            cup finely chopped parsley  (I didn’t have on hand)

1/3         cup apple cider vinegar
1/3         cup granulated sugar
1/4         cup olive oil
1 1/2      teaspoons salt
1/4         teaspoon black pepper

In a large bowl, mix the beans, celery, onion and parsley.

In a separate small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, olive oil, salt and pepper.  Add dressing to beans and toss to coat. 

Chill beans in refrigerator for several hours to allow the beans to soak up the flavor of the dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment