Friday, January 24, 2020

Garbanzo Sandwich Filling


I found this recipe in one of my mom's recipe files and I think it's from a 1970's vegetarian booklet, very progressive of her. You can make it without vegan mayo but I like it to be a more creamy filling and I also like eating it open faced with a sprinkling of radish sprouts.  It's just as satisfying and I'm not filled up on bread.

Garbanzo Sandwich Filling

1            14 oz. can garbanzo beans, mashed
1/4         chopped olives  (I used Green olives)
1            celery stalk, finely chopped
2            tablespoon grated or finely minced onion
1            teaspoon lemon juice
              pinch of thyme
              pinch of onion powder
              vegan mayo – to your liking


**            I added a few pimentos for color

No comments:

Post a Comment