Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Eggplant Sweet Potato Curry


Eggplant Sweet Potato Curry

Unfortunately I don’t have an official recipe for this, just a list of ingredients
that I used.  As with most sauces, I add things as I go and taste and add and taste and add…….  As I was layering flavors, I felt it needed a kick so I added garlic chili sauce.  At the end of cooking it seemed a little flat so I added a little brown sugar and it rounded it all out. 

Eggplant Sweet Potato Curry

1            garlic clove, minced
1/4         red onion, diced
1            tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
              tumeric powder
              curry powder
              coconut oil for cooking

              I made a paste and warmed in skillet with a drizzle of coconut oil. 

1            14 oz. can coconut milk
1            sweet potato, diced and boiled
1            small fried eggplant, diced and lightly fried in separate pan or broiled
              peas - just cause I like them
1            tablespoon corn starch (if want a bit thicker) mixed with some of the
                                                                                    cooking liquid then added to pan
            jarred Garlic Chilli Sauce (couple tablespoons)
            brown sugar (approx. teaspoon – to taste
            kosher salt to taste

Once paste is cooked through, add can of coconut milk.  Stir and cook to incorporate a few minutes.  Add garlic chili sauce – cook.  Add corn starch mixture, if using.
Cook 10 minutes or so then add brown sugar.

Once sauce is to your liking, add the cooked sweet potato, eggplant and peas.  Let
cook a bit longer then serve over rice.

            

No comments:

Post a Comment