Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pesto Butter Bean Salad


I was looking for a recipe that I could use up the last of my fresh basil and this one jumped out at me.  I'm not sure I ever had Butter Beans but Kevin and I are now big fans.  I added radishes because I had them on hand but they are not in the original recipe.

Pesto Butter Bean Salad

Pesto:
1/2         cup of pine nuts
2            big handfuls of fresh basil leaves
5            tablespoons of olive oil
2            cloves of garlic
1            lemon
              salt and pepper

Salad:
2            14.5 cans butter beans
1            large radish (I added)
              handful of shelled pistachios (she used pumpkin seeds)
              2 handfuls of dried cranberries (she used pomegranates)
1            bag mixed greens
              olive oil
1            lemon

Pesto:  Peel the garlic and then put all the required ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth, then leave to one side.

Drain and rinse the beans and ten place them in a frying pan with the pesto and sauté the two together for two-three minutes until warm.  While the cook, squeeze the lemon for the salad over the beans and add more black pepper.

Add the radish, greens, seeds, and cranberries to your plates, drizzle them witholive oil and add the beans on top.





No comments:

Post a Comment