Friday, January 4, 2013

Power Salad with Agave-Lime Cilantro Vinaigrette





Now that the holiday's are over, I thought it would be a good time to post a nice, healthy salad!
We went to a local restaurant for my birthday dinner and I had this amazing salad.  It was so good that we went back the next day for lunch and ordered it again.  I did my best to replicate it, just switched out the pumpkin seeds with pistachios. Use your favorite greens and nuts to make it your own favorite salad.  Next time I make it I’ll add some fried tofu just to bump up the protein. 

Power Salad
1/2            cup Quinoa (dry) – cooked according to pkg.
1/2            cup Wild rice (dry) – cooked according to pkg.
1/2            cup Brown rice  (dry) – cooked according to pkg.
1/2            cup chickpeas
1/2            cup Pistachio nuts/hearts or toasted pumpkin seeds
                 avocado
                 mixed greens (kale/romaine/red cabbage)
                 Agave-Lime Cilantro Vinaigrette

I made double the vinaigrette so I could use on veggies throughout the week.

Agave-Lime Cilantro Vinaigrette

1/2         cup chopped cilantro
1/4         cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
1            tablespoon lime juice
2            cloves chopped garlic
1            tablespoon Dijon mustard
1            tablespoon agave
              salt & pepper to taste

Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth and creamy.  Cover and refrigerate until serving.  Can be stored for 2 days.

1 comment:

  1. Looks absolutely delicious! I have some cilantro I should be using up, too. Perfect timing. :)

    ReplyDelete