Saturday, May 11, 2019

Double Chocolate Date Bars


A Mother's Day treat!

I just bought a big bag of pitted dates and was so happy to find this recipe on line.  I like that the recipe calls for regular pitted dates rather than Medjool Dates, which I find to be a little too sweet.  These bars are so easy to make that I will be keeping them on regular “sweet treats” rotation as well as taking a goodie bag to my mom for Mother's Day.

I just bought a big bag of pitted dates and was so happy to find this recipe on the web.  I like that the recipe calls for regular pitted dates rather than Medjool Dates, which I find to be a little too sweet.  These bars are so easy to make that I will be keeping them on regular “sweet treats” rotation.

Double Chocolate Date Bars

1 1/2         cup dates, pitted
1/4            cup + 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
3               teaspoons maple syrup
1/2            cup almonds
1/4            cup almond butter
1/2            teaspoon vanilla
1/4            teaspoon salt + extra for topping (I used finishing salt for final salting)
1/2            cup dairy-free chocolate chips
1               tablespoon coconut oil

Make sure dates are pitted.  Then place dates and almonds into a food processor and pulse.

Add cocoa powder, syrup, almond butter, salt, and vanilla to processor and pulse until everything is mixed together.

Place mixture in a 5 x 8 pan and smooth out with a spatula – or if you want thicker bars, put mixture in the middle and spread out without going to the edges.

Place in refrigerator for approx. 10 minutes, allowing bars to harden a bit.

Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil together in a microwave-safe dish – or small saucepan on stove.

Remove bars from refrigerator and drizzle melted chocolate over top; place back in the refrigerator for an additional 10 minutes. 

Add a little finishing salt to the top.



No comments:

Post a Comment