Monday, July 30, 2012

Potato Salad for Two



I don’t have exact measurements for the dressing, I think everyone’s taste is different so I just make it up as I go but I did include the ingredients that were used.  This is the first time I’ve ever added fresh green beans to a potato salad and I really liked the crunch.  They were from a friend’s garden so I didn’t want them to go to waste! 

Potato Salad for Two
1          white potato, diced
1          sweet potato, diced
1/4       cup onion, finely diced
            hand full of chopped green beans
            dill
            white vinegar
            agave
            vegan mayo
            salt and pepper

Peel and dice potatoes, boil in salted water for approximately 10-15 minutes (until soft).

Rinse potatoes and put in mixing bowl.  Sprinkle a bit of white vinegar on the hot potatoes. 

Dice onion and green beans. 

Make dressing with a combo of vegan mayo, white vinegar, agave, dill, salt and pepper.  Mix to taste, some people like it sweet and some like a little more vinegar so I just measure by taste.  Add onions and green beans to potatoes then mix with dressing.  I find that potato salad soaks up the dressing once put in fridge, so I sometimes add a little more mayo/vinegar before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment